First Visit - Welcome Letter For New Patients
Welcome to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UCLA
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
200 Medical Plaza, Suites 430 and 220
Los Angeles , California 90095
In order to help make this visit more helpful to both you we ask that you kindly review this letter.
This letter is designed to inform you of what information you will need to bring with you to your appointment as well as what to expect during your visit to our facility. Please complete the attached Patient History form and bring it with you at the time of your appointment, it will help our care providers make your visit a more productive one.
- If you are being referred by another physician, please bring all pertinent medical records, slides, films, reports, etc. If your referring physician’s office prefers, they may be sent to the address listed above.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center is a teaching facility and is affiliated with the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine. Our physicians are some of the finest in their specialties worldwide and all are faculty in the school of medicine. During your visit medical students or resident physicians may be involved in your care with your permission. Be assured that Resident physicians and medical students and are supervised by our attending Faculty physicians.
- Please bring your current insurance card with you. If you have a co-payment please be prepared to pay at the time of your visit. The cost of your medical care will vary depending upon the level of care required as determined by your physician. Procedures and laboratory tests may result in additional fees. If you require authorization from your outside medical provider, please have that authorization available at your visit. Payment for all non-covered services (not including lab charges which are billed separately by the lab) is due when services are rendered. Laboratory work and x-rays ordered by your physician will be billed separately by the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center . Patients who bring outside slides and x-rays should be aware that in addition to having their slides and films reviewed by their physician, they may also be sent to radiology or pathology for additional review. The charges for this review are in addition to the consultation fees and may range from $90.00-$500.00.
- Please allow adequate time for travel to UCLA keeping in mind traffic patterns related to peak travel hours. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call 310-794-7274 and let us know so that your appointment time may be offered to another patient. If you prefer you may email us at OBGYN@mednet.ucla.edu to cancel your appointment.
- Parking in the Peter Morton building (200 Medical Plaza) is $11.00 paid upon entry. Unfortunately, we do not validate parking.
- We are located off of the 405 freeway at the Wilshire Blvd East exit. After exiting at Wilshire Blvd East , continue east on Wilshire to Westwood Boulevard . Make a left hand turn on Westwood Boulevard . You will pass the intersection of Westwood and LeConte. The next traffic light is the Medical Plaza . Make a left here. We are the Peter Morton Building (200) located in the center. Follow signs for underground parking.
Map and Directions >>