Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship Program
REI- Fellowship Program
Thank you for your application to the fellowship program in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
The Department offers a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, which is fully certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (http://www.abog.org/), an independent, non-profit organization that certifies obstetricians and gynecologists in the United States. The ABOG examines and certifies nearly 1,700 obstetrician-gynecologists and subspecialists in maternal-fetal medicine, reproductive endocrinology/ infertility and gynecologic oncology each year.
As explained by ABOG (http://www.abog.org/); a reproductive endocrinologist is a subspecialist in obstetrics and gynecology who is capable of managing complex problems relating to reproductive endocrinology and infertility, and whose current professional activity involves the practice of reproductive endocrinology in a setting wherein essential diagnostic and therapeutic resources are available and being used appropriately.
The objectives of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) are to:
- Improve health care in the area of reproductive endocrinology, including non-gynecologic endocrine disorders and infertility by
- Establishing high standards of education and training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- Enhancing recruitment of qualified physicians in the field for both clinical practice and scientific investigation.
- Improving the organization, distribution and access to care in the field.
- Increasing basic and clinical knowledge of reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- Establish standards of training by defining the skills and knowledge essential for physicians who evaluate and provide care for women and affiliated men with reproductive problems.
- Evaluate educational programs designed to prepare physicians for certification in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- Establish standards and procedures for the evaluation of candidates, including the conduct and supervision of examinations to determine professional competence in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- Recommend to The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology for subspecialty certification physicians who have demonstrated to the satisfaction of the division, their possession of special knowledge and qualifications in effectively managing women with reproductive endocrine and infertility problems, as well as couples with infertility.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kristy Fong, the Fellowship Coordinator, at email@example.com or 310-206-6558.Sincerely,
Gautam Chaudhuri, M.D., Ph.D.
Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Fellowship Program
Send all application material to:
Kristy FongReproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship Coordinator
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology
10833 Le Conte, Room 24-130, CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1740